The goal of this website is to be a safe for souls website advancing Catholic thinking and education. When editing, please adhere to the Content Standards.
Some images have been enhanced for teaching purposes and may not be identical to the original artwork.
File:Our Lady of Sorrows - Adriaen Isenbrant101.JPG
Size of this preview: 600 × 599 pixels
Full resolution (1,596 × 1,594 pixels, file size: 1.28 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
The Seven Sorrows refer to the following events in the history of salvation:
1. The Prophecy of Simeon. (Luke 2:34-35) or the Circumcision of Christ
2. The Flight into Egypt. (Matthew 2:13)
3. The Loss of the Child Jesus in the Temple. (Luke 2:43-45)
4. Mary Meets Jesus on the Way to Calvary. (Luke 23:26)
5. Jesus Dies on the Cross. (John 19:25)
6. Mary Receives the Body of Jesus in Her Arms. (Matthew 27:57-59)
7. The Body of Jesus is Placed in the Tomb. (John 19:40-42)
English:Left panel of a diptych Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows by Adriaen Isenbrant
Nederlands: Linkerluik van een diptiek Onze-Lieve-Vrouw der Zeven Weeën door Adriaen Isenbrant (ca; 1490-1551); KMSKB, Brussel
Date: (ca; 1490-1551) - picture taken on 20 June 2009
Source: Own work
Author: Georges Jansoone (JoJan) - artwork by Adriaen Isenbrant
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||11:26, 27 June 2011||1,596×1,594 (1.28 MB)||MBogdan||(Category:Our Lady of Sorrows Category:Blessed Virgin Mary Category:Brussel, Belgium Category:Black and White Religious Pictures Category:Diptych English:Left panel of a diptych Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows by Adriaen Isenbrant <br>Ne)|