The goal of this website is to be a safe for souls website advancing Catholic thinking and education. When editing, please adhere to the Content Standards.
Some images have been enhanced for teaching purposes and may not be identical to the original artwork.
You can upload certain types of files to the site. This is particularly useful for uploading images, which you want to place on an article, but you can also upload other types of files.
Upload a file
- Prepare the file for upload. Make sure the file is exactly as you want it.
- In the sidebar, under toolbox, click "Upload file"
- Next to the Source filename, click Browse to locate the file on your computer.
- Change the Destination filename to something descriptive, if necessary.
- Fill in the Summary, if necessary.
- Click the Upload file button.
If it is a large file, you may need to wait several seconds for the upload to complete.
Using Images and Image Description Pages
After you've uploaded a file, you can use it in an article, with some special site syntax to create the link. See Help:Images.
Your file gets its very own 'Image Description Page' within the site (even if it isn't an image). You should edit this page to provide more information about the file. For example, many public projects are quite sensitive to copyright issues, and so you should explain where you got the file from, and what its copyright status is, on the description page. Any other useful descriptive notes could also be added there.
Listing files in the site
There are a number of Special Pages to help you view and manage files which have been uploaded. Go to 'Special Pages' (in the toolbox on the left) and then see...
- Gallery of new images - If you just uploaded one, you will see it here.
- File list shows all of the files
- Unused images helps you track down files which might not be needed.
See Help:Special pages for details of the other information available here.